A holistic approach to getting pregnant
A few facts and figures
If you have regular intercourse (x 3 a week) your chance of conceiving in the first month is 25%
in six months is 60%
in one year is 80%
in eighteen months is 90%
A woman over 35 has only a 25% chance of conceiving if she has already been trying for 5 years.
After recurrent miscarriages the chances of getting pregnant with some help are are 80%.
One couple in six needs help getting pregnant.
30% of the problems tend to be with the men, most of these can be sorted.
30% of the problems tend to be with the women, most of these can be sorted.
30% of infertility problems are unexplained, however I think this is not so, I find that there is often a reason that we can sort out between us.
Each IVF cycle usually costs £5,000
Only 24%of IVF cycles lead to a live birth
IVF sucess rates for women under 35 is 33%, this drops to 4.9 by the tiem she is 43
Foresight Pre-conceptual Care
As well as being an experienced homeopath I am also an accredited Foresight Practitioner. Foresight is the only UK charity working towards pre-conceptual health. I may therefore use their health plan alongside homoeopathy and counselling to optimise your chances of conception. Foresight regularly helps achieve 1,000 babies a year and has a success rate over 80%. This is much higher than any assisted conception including IVF! Their website is www.foresight-preconception.org.uk
If you need help then let’s get going
- I’m affordable.
- I’m supportive.
- I know who to refer you to if we think you’d benefit from extra help.
- My suggestions are non-invasive.
- Appointments are made at times to suit you.
- My treatment will complement any conventional treatment you may also choose.
- My suggestions are simple and empowering.
- You will feel that there is someone to help you who is on your side and understands your particular issues.
- No donor eggs or sperm.
- No implantation or invasive creation.
- No laboratory involved, apart from the hair mineral tests.
- No waiting in fertility centres.
- No decisions about what to do with spare eggs.
- No interference with your natural sex life.
- Less cost both financially and emotionally than conventional treatments such as IVF.
We need to get a rapport and connect.
We need to find out what you both of you really want.
We need to discuss how this will alter your life.
We need to uncover the challenges standing in your way.
We need to look at how these challenges are impacting on your life.
We need to make sure you are not sabotaging the outcome.
We need to look at what I can offer you.
My approach for women is to
- Help you remove any emotional blocks to fertility.
- Help get your reproductive system toned up.
- Help to balance your hormones and ensure your eggs are healthy.
- Help you to improve the quality of your vaginal mucus and sort out any fungal infection.
- Help you to sort out any endometriosis, polycystic ovaries, fibroids, or other underlying issues.
- help you to counteract any effects you have had from the contraceptive pill, implant or other medication.
My approach for men
Sperm take 71 days to develop. Therefore three months is the minimum time it will take to see the benefits from any lifestyle changes, to see the possible results from vitamins and minerals and homeopathic treatment. With a combination of these we will try to improve sperm count and quality.
Research (see data here) has shown that three appointments and the appropriate homeopathic remedies can alter things for the better. Participants who stayed on that particular programme for a year had significant changes in density and motility of sperm. I have found much the same results, if not even better, with men I have helped.
Your homeopathic treatment
Homeopathy has been used for around 250 years to assist in fertility problems.
I’ve been helping couples since 1990 and have a number of babies around the country that have been conceived with my help over these years.
- We can work together in the first instance to help regulate ovulation and periods.
- We can work together to help sperm count and motility.
- We can work together to help with conception.
- We can work together to help with successful implantation.
- We can work together to help prevent a miscarriage, and help you recover from any previous miscarriages.
- We can work together to mitigate morning sickness, exhaustion, back ache and other problems you may get once pregnant.
- We can work togehter to help with the labour and the birth.
- We can continue to work together to maintain good health for both of you and your baby for years to come.
Your pre-conceptual health
We need to make sure you are both in the best of health.
So we will look at your lifestyle and diet. We’ll also look at eliminating any existing health issues. So a thoughrough health check all round for you both.
It can take anything up to two years for your body to sort itself out after coming off the birth control pill, and together we can possibly speed this up.
After a miscarriage there is physical and emotional healing to be done; do not underestimate the time it takes a body to get back to normal, or the mind to heal. Your hormones may need to be given some help here, as may feelings of loss in you both. It is therefore best to wait three months before trying for another pregnancy. Homeopathy has a long tradition in helping speed things up.
Planning a pregnancy?
We will concentrate on both your fertility rates from day one.
I'll teach you how to chart your menstrual cycle, or read your chart if you are already filling one in.
- I will suggest vitamins and personalised homoeopathy for each of you.
- We may well use Liz Lalor’s program, she’s a well known Australian homeopath. As of now she has personally helped produce 207 babies for 237 women. That’s an 85% success rate! This is much higher than any assisted conception including IVF! And I often use this same system.
- We’ll discuss ovulation predictor kits and pregnancy tests.
- I may well suggest a hair analysis to check on any minerals you may be missing, and we'll sort out replacing those.
- I’ll suggest a couple of books and a visualisation programme for you too.
- You will leave with an action plan you can easily implement.
Needing assisted conception, ICSI, IUI or IVF?
Couples find that homeopathic remedies can help ensure that IVF is both less traumatic and more likely to be successful, with a higher number of healthy ovums. Homeopathy can help with the stress of the treatmant as well as making sure that the sperm and ova used are of the best quality possible, and that the womb is as healthy as possible for implantation. I can teach you to chart your menstrual cycle to make sure that any treatmants are done at the correct time in your cycle to maximise your chances. Remember IVF usually has a 21.6% success rate we need to do what we can together to help you be in that small group.
However you may not need IVF with this system, think what you’d save! Both financially and emotionally. At this time it costs between £3-5,000 for private IVF treatment.
What to hope for
Within six months you should see some results. Like any other programme there’s obviously no 100% guarantee. There are no miracle cures or results for infertility. However as you may already know homeopathy stimulates the person to be as whole, healthy and well as possible. That’s just what you both need to be as ready as possible to conceive. There are no side effects, and homeopathy is gentle, and many couples can atest to it's effectiveness.
Within a couple of months the woman should notice significant changes in her menstrual cycle (if this has been problematic) and you both should notice changes for the better in your general well being.These will help with your fertility and increase the chance of a healthy baby.
You’ll both need
Your own first personal appointment, which last an hour and a half, and happens in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Then women will need one appointment a month for the next five months, which all need to be booked at the start.
Men usually only need two follow up appointments. If more are needed they are charged at my usual rate.
If you get pregnant during this time the remaining appointments can be used anytime during your pregnancy. There may be a need for extra appointments for either of you and these will be charged at the usual rate.
Although it works best if the first appointment is face to face, if you live at a distance I can do follow ups by phone or Skype.
My clinics are in Stamford, Lincoln and Louth and I can occasionally see someone in Leytonstone.
Phone me now 01780 767667 to make that first consultation.
The cost is
...then to continue with me an up front fee of £500 is payable,
this covers =
- Both of you having an initial one and a half hour appointment.
- Five further monthly ones for her.
- Two further ones for him.
- A copy of Toni Weschler’s marvelous book ‘Taking charge of your fertility’.
- The cost of any homeopathic remedies is included.
- Your health insurance company may well pay for some or all of this. If not then I can recommend ones that may do so.
- Any hair analysis tests and vitamins or minerals will be charged for separately.
This is not only about helping you get pregnant but is also about giving your baby the best possible start in life!
“At times of stress and pressure the appeal of having somebody else help sort everything out is irresistible”
Ring me now on 01780 767667 to
make that first consultation.